Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Final Piece


All she wanted was to have friends
Some to care for her till times to end
She faked a smile from days to weeks
But that’s a secret she will always keep
No one knows she’s hurting inside
Because all the ones she loved left her behind
So she’ll keep going on even though times are tough
Till the day she will finally have enough

Then literary devices I used were rhythm and rhyme, this piece was easy to write for me, because I was having a bad day and I wanted to express my feelings through poetry.


  
He wanted to make her happy, he wanted to be there
But throughout everything it seems she didn’t really care
Words can’t explain how much he loved her so
And as time passed he knew he had to let her go
He will never forget the day he knew she was the one
It’s too late now, she forgot about him and was finally done

The literary device I used for this poem was also rhythm and rhyme, writing this poem was also really easy to write. I have recently found out that it’s easier to write sad poems instead of happy poems for me.


 Sonnet

She saw the boy and fell for him deeply
He would talk to her when no one's around
Work was not needed it became cheaply
But when he's with his friends he makes no sound

She cannot tell him how she really feels
She sees him with her and feels so alone
She tried to fit in and stopped eating meals
It got so bad she would cut to the bone

He was a star but she was just nothing
He did not know she was hurting inside
For now all the words she spoke were cussing
Every night she got home from school and cried
She had to forget him and just move on
Nothing will change for him now that she’s gone

This sonnet did take me a long time, I used the rhyme websites which helped me out a lot, I got stuck trying to figure out what to write in most of the lines too, however overall I’m happy for the final piece.


Imagine growing up with someone who makes you the happiest person alive, from playing with them for hours, to watching them go to college, making such a successful career and then watching them slowly die before you. “Another Sonnet for Stephan” by Alvin Sitomer really touches my heart, because this sonnet throws out amazing examples and leaves you guessing what this relationship could be, such as a mother to son or a girl to a boy.
The line that stood out to me the most was, “The boy, the youth, the man are each now gone, /Except that in my heart they linger on.”  I like this part because it ties the whole piece together. In the first stanza it’s about the boy and the girl playing together when they were young, then in the next it states how he goes to “Penn College” who is very “Enthusiastic, kind, who scores a “ten”” and in the last stanza the poem points out how he was a strong man who is now battling cancer.
To me in this poem as I said in my first paragraph about the relationship of these two people, are a boy and a girl who start of as friend and in the end love each other. All in all I loved this whole sonnet, the way it rhymed was great and so were the words, such as “nonchalance, unique, enthusiastic” and more. I do have a few connections with this poem. One of my old friends Cara went to preschool with me, and we would play with each other every day until she moved away. I still speak to her and sometimes we go up to visit but it’s not the same without her here every day.




 I lie awake thinking about you
I wonder if you’re thinking about me too
It hurts to know that you’re gone
So now I’ll be staying up all night long

This was one of my first poems I wrote in my writing notebook. I decided to add it in, because my whole project is one theme, and I think this fits perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment