POST PERFORMANCE
Lady Capulet tries to make an effort to reach out to Juliet now that her daughter is at a age to marry, however it's obvious she's closer with the nurse. Even though Lady Capulet is her real mother, the nurse treated her as her own. Lady Capulet can never come close to challenging that.
What I wanted to communicate about my character in the performance was that, since she didn't really pay attention to Juliet her whole life, now that she was "gone" she was sad and felt horrible. I believe that our performance went pretty well (act 4 scene 5) we all surrounded Juliet and I felt a bond between us all. I think I should of moved more, and looked at the audience more often then just standing there. I also should of slowed down my lines. By reading Romeo&Juliet I learnt more about this play. It was something I've heard about, but haven't actually read or watched anything about it, so it was all new to me. Also for my high school experience i can apply more knowledge about Shakespeare language.
No comments:
Post a Comment